YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 CONCERN
19th July 2021 Update
Whilst the government restrictions have been lifted we are continuing to operate social distancing measures and require masks to be worn in all communal areas.
Please see the below for further information:
We have taken additional measures to ensure that all of our guests are as safe as possible at all times.
Here at the RMHB we aim to Contain, Delay, Research and Mitigate -
Contain - Mostly focused around preventative measures, concentrating on handwashing and limiting the number of people entering RMHB that may have travelled from a country that is at risk.
Delay - Increase the level of cleaning and sanitisation within RMHB, continue to monitor and restrict people who may have or been in contact with the virus.
Research - Keeping ourselves updated with current advice and guidance from RMHC, UH Bristol Trust and the Government.
Mitigation - As much as possible, consider different scenarios, put in place contingencies, log and update a risk register.
More now than ever, we have found it necessary to up the ante, keeping our guests as safe as possible;
- Providing additional products to individual families to eliminate any aspects of sharing.
- Set up welfare stations throughout RMHB which comprises, cleaning wipes, gloves, face masks and disinfectant sprays.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been positioned throughout the building.
- We will be working with a reduced staffing level and continue to be limited to 2 family members per family. These occupancy levels will be under constant review.
- There are reminders throughout RMHB to maintain social distancing to ensure that each communal area is not over populated.
- Unfortunately at this time we are unable to welcome visitors to the house including additional family members and siblings.
- Every member of staff is required to have daily temperature checks and every guest is required to have a temperature check and complete a Covid-19 assessment upon arrival.
- Robust housekeeping protocols are in place to ensure that high risk surfaces receive extra attention throughout the day 7 days a week.
- We will do our best to keep routine maintenance to an absolute minimum whilst guests are resident at RMHB.
- There will be a bedroom ‘rest period’ of at least 24 hours after each family has checked out. This means, no two families will be in the same room within the same 24 hour period.
- All bed linen, duvets and pillows are washed at a minimum of 70 degrees to ensure thermal disinfection.
We hope this gives you the confidence of the highest safety standards that you deserve if you need to use our facilities. Thank you for your support during this challenging time.
If you would like up to date information on how to manage Coronavirus, current guidelines, as well as an online NHS symptom checker, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus